The Art of Thai Massage
Thai Massage, or Nuad Boran, is an ancient form of therapy that integrates elements of massage, yoga, Ayurveda, and martial arts into a bodywork session specifically designed for each individual . . . more about Thai Massage.
Massage Therapy & Other Services
- Traditional Thai Massage
- Herbal Compress Therapy
- Thai Foot Reflexology
- Double Practitioner Thai Massage
- Thai on the Table
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Marma Point Therapy
- Therapeutic Table Massage
- Energy Work
- Herbal Consultations
- Private Yoga Lessons
Core Principles of Thai Massage
- Mindfulness. When we are mindful - deeply aware of the present moment - we become open to the healing life-force energies that reside within each of us. Through awareness we are able to transform our pain and suffering into peace and understanding.
- Compassion. As we begin to open our hearts to ourselves and view ourselves with compassion, we are able to more easily feel compassion for others and create deep and meaningful relationships. This opening of the heart creates a subtle expansion in the body that gives us the space to heal and grow.
- Balance. According to Ayurveda, dis-ease arises when there is imbalance in our mind, body, or spirit. In Thai Massage, emphasis is placed on restoring the individual to a more balanced state through the use of therapeautic massage techniques, yogic stretches, and Ayurvedic applications.
WHAT IS A MARMA POINT?
Thai Massage works along a system of energy lines (called sen) and pressure points (called marma). During a Thai Massage treatment, every touch, every hold, is intentionally placed along these lines and points, allowing any stagnant energy in the body to be released and thus bringing the body into a more balanced state. Marma Point Therapy can also be offered as a separate treatment from Thai Massage . . . more about Marma Point Therapy.
"In ancient Vedic times, marma points were called bindu - a dot, secret dot, or mystic point. Like a door or pathway, activating a marma point opens into the inner pharmacy of the body. The body is a silent, universal, biochemical laboratory—operating every moment to interpret and transform arising events. Touching a marma point changes the body’s biochemistry and can unfold radical, alchemical change in one’s makeup. Stimulation of these inner pharmacy pathways signals the body to produce exactly what it needs, including hormones and neurochemicals that heal the body, mind and consciousness. This deep dimension of marma therapy has the potential to unfold spiritual healing." - Dr. Vasant Lad